Easy Off has two lines of products meant for cleaning grill racks. These are the Easy Off BBQ Grill Cleaner and Easy Off Professional Heavy Duty Oven And Grill Cleaner.
Both of them can be used to clean the interior of ovens, but the one most recommended for such purpose is the Easy Off Oven and Grill cleaner.
To clean ovens using Easy Off Grill Cleaner, remove the racks and spray the top, sides and bottom liberally with the product while making sure to avoid heating elements, pilot light and bulbs. Allow to sit for an hour then scrub using a sponge dipped and wringed in clean water.
How To Use Easy Off Grill Cleaner In An Oven
Follow the steps below to learn how to use the easy off grill cleaner safely in your oven.
There are two methods you can actually use to clean the interior of your ovens using the Easy Off grill cleaner. You can opt for the fast method which is the warm technique, or the cold technique which can be a bit slower especially when you’re dealing with really stubborn stains.
We’ll start with the warm technique.
So the warm technique is great for times when you have really stubborn stains inside the oven and want to get rid of them fast. Or, basically when you’re pressed for time but still want to achieve a deep cleaning of your oven.
Here’s how it works.
First things first, wear protective rubber gloves and a nose mask and also an eyewear.
- Preheat the oven to 200°F and then turn it off.
- At a tilt of 45°, distance of 12 inches from the oven door, and with the pointing arrow of the sprayer aligned on the black dot, spray the Easy Off Grill Cleaner liberally into the interior of the oven from top, sides to bottom.
- Close the oven door and allow the solution to sit for 5 minutes in order to completely break down stubborn grease and gunk with the aid of heat.
- Get a clean sponge and dip it in a solution of warm water. Wring it thoroughly and use it to clean the interior of the oven. Continue dipping the sponge in fresh water, wringing and using it to clean the interior of the open until you arrive at a perfectly clean interior without any Easy Off residue.
And that’s it for the warm technique, now over to the cold technique.
As the name suggests, the cold technique doesn’t involve heat, which means you’re not going to preheat your oven.
Because of that, if you have stubborn stains inside, it can be quite difficult to remove and so you’ll have to leave the solution there for a much longer duration.
Here’s how the cold technique works.
As usual, first things first, make sure to wear protective gloves, eyewear and a nose mask.
- Spray the solution inside the oven the same way you sprayed it while following the warm technique; with the tilt, the distance and movement of the sprayer from top to bottom.
- Next close the door and allow the solution to sit for 20 minutes for an interior that is fairly dirty, or even longer for pretty soiled interiors.
- Open the door and clean the interior using the sponge method as described above.
- If you want, you can also choose to spray and leave the solution overnight. Make sure to do the spaying at night time and do the cleaning first thing in the morning.
What Are The Safety Precautions For Using Easy Off Grill Cleaner In Ovens
Whenever you’re using Easy Off Grill Cleaner (and infact any other Easy Off Product), including those that claim they don’t produce fumes like the Easy aoff Fume Free Cleanet, always USE protection in the form of long rubber gloves, eyewear and nose masks as these products can be very harsh when in contact with the skin and eyes, and are sometimes toxic when inhaled.
For the reason that these cleaners are very harsh, you should always make sure to ventilate the space properly prior to any use.
Use only on the following oven surface
The Easy Off grill cleaner, if used in the oven, is expected to be applied ONLY on the surfaces mentioned below. Do not use it on any surface other than these as it can cause damage or change in color.
- Procelain Enamel
- Stainless steel
Avoid using the oven cleaner in a self cleaning and continous cleaning oven and also on aluminum surfaces, glass, the exterior of ovens, chrome and baked enamel.
Avoid putting it on certain elements
When using the Easy Off Grill Cleaner, avoid spraying it on certain elements like the pilot light, heating elements and bulb.
Storing the can
When it comes to storing the container, you want to avoid freezing it and also keeping it hot places. Make sure you to avoid puncturing the container as it is pressurized.
Can you use Easy Off Grill Cleaner on stovetops?
Easy off has a specific product line meant to be used on stove tops, and that is the Easy Off degreaser; both the normal and heavy duty product. For these, it’s only a matter of spray and wipe.
For the grill cleaner, you can actually use it on a stovetop so long the material make up of the stovetop is one that easily falls under the category of materials suitable for the Easy Off BBQ or Oven and Grill cleaner we mentioned above.
If you have any other material that is outside of this category, it is best to use the Easy Off Kitchen Degreaser.
Can you use the Easy Off Oven Cleaner on the grill?
It is perfectly fine to use an oven cleaner on the grill. When using it on a grill, ensure to avoid the interior, exterior and other components.
Only the racks should be cleaned. And for these, place them on a rag or newspaper placed on a non-porous surface like concrete or kitchen sink.
Spray the cleaner liberally on the racks and allow it to sit for about an hour or more, depending on how dirty the racks are. Thereafter, clean it using a sponge and rinse.